The content on the FORCE website, including the FORCE Public Access Forums (hereafter referred to as “FORCE”), is provided for informational purposes only. Further:
- The content is not intended to replace professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers working with your physician with questions you may have regarding any medical condition.
- The content of the FORCE site is not intended to be relied on for medical diagnosis or treatment.
- Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking treatment because of information that you have read on the FORCE site or any of our links.
- Because of the nature of our site and the issues FORCE addresses, the site may contain unedited materials which may be sexually explicit and may be offensive to you. Access this material at your own risk. FORCE has no control over and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
- Links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the content on such websites. FORCE is not responsible for the content of linked websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on linked websites. Accessing linked websites is done at your own risk and is subject to each individual site’s provided Terms and Conditions.
FORCE site content is subject to change without notice at the discretion of our editorial board. FORCE will try to verify the accuracy of all material posted by our Medical Advisory Board members. However, the content contained on our site may contain typographical errors or other inaccurate information. FORCE makes no claims regarding the consequences from using information gathered from our site or its content. The use of the FORCE site is at your own risk.
It is acknowledged that the FORCE site and Public Access Forums and its contents are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. FORCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. FORCE makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or timeliness of the content, text, graphics, links, or communications provided by the site. It is also accepted that in no event shall FORCE, or any third parties mentioned at the site, be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use or inability to use the FORCE site.
- Voluntary disclosure of personal information on Public Access Forums is optional and is done at the User’s own risk. Users should be aware that when they disclose personally identifiable information, such as their name, home or email address, or phone number on FORCE’s message board, profile pages, or chat areas, that information can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited contact. FORCE accepts no liability or responsibility for third-party use of information voluntarily submitted by User to Public Access Forums. FORCE makes no warranties about third-party access to and use of Users’ personal information by methods beyond our control.
- FORCE cannot monitor communications that occur outside FORCE Public Access Forums However, we encourage anyone who has concerns regarding a communication with another FORCE member to notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your email confidentially. Any such incidents will be reviewed by our moderation committee.
- The contents of the FORCE site are protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of material from the FORCE site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. None of the material may be reproduced, rewritten, resold or redistributed without the written consent of FORCE. For information obtained from articles posted on FORCE, you are solely responsible for compliance with any copyright, trademark and other rights and restrictions and are referred to the copyright notices appearing in the original publications. You may not sell, modify or use for commercial purposes any material posted on FORCE.
- Any material posted on the FORCE site is considered to be non-confidential. You agree that you will not upload or post any material that infringes on any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. By making submissions to any part of this site, you automatically grant that the owner of such content has expressly granted FORCE a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, and display the communication alone or as part of other works in any form.
- As FORCE asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to facingourrisk.org violates your copyright, and if this website resides in the USA, you are encouraged to notify FORCE at email@example.com. FORCE will respond to all such notices, including, as required or appropriate, by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. FORCE will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the forums if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of FORCE or others.
- You may not use the boards for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws.
- You may not post material that infringes on the individual rights or on the privacy rights of others.
- You may not post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another User or any other person or entity.
- You may not post advertisements, chain letters or any solicitations.
- You may not impersonate someone else or allow any other person to impersonate you while posting on the Public Access Forums.
- You may not engage in conduct that inhibits any other person from using the Public Access Forums, or which, in the judgment of FORCE, exposes anyone else to any liability or injury.
- No medical advice may be given on the Public Access Forums. Site visitors with a medical background are asked to refrain from sharing medical advice or stating their credentials.
- Full articles cannot be posted on the site. Links to articles and abstracts may be shared.
- Posts that do not meet these guidelines will be removed from the Public Access Forums. We do not have the resources or capacity to personally answer every email to the moderators nor to assist with the writing of posts to fit guidelines.
*If you use the Public Access Forums you are solely responsible for your own communications and the consequences of posting those communications. FORCE does not assume any responsibility for the consequences of any Public Access Forums’ communications.
- FORCE may investigate any allegations of misuse or breach of agreed-upon Terms and Conditions and retains the right to remove posts which are abusive, illegal, disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- In addition, FORCE reserves the right to restrict access to any or all Public Access Forums’ activity upon breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- FORCE reserves the right (but is not obligated) to edit or delete any material posted on the FORCE site at our discretion, regardless of whether such communication violates the aforementioned standards. Furthermore, FORCE reserves the right to monitor or edit any posts on the Public Access Forums.
- In no event shall FORCE or its officers or affiliates be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the FORCE site in a manner that violates these Terms and Conditions.
- FORCE-Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered Inc., is a 501c3 nonprofit based in Tampa, Florida, in the United States of America. Jurisdiction for any dispute with FORCE, or in any way relating to your use of FORCE, resides in the courts of the State of Florida. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without respect to its conflict of laws principles.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions be declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be considered a further waiver of any other term or condition.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND FORCE WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF OUR SITE AND ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN. BY ENTERING SUBSEQUENT AREAS ON THE FORCE SITE, USER AGREES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
This document was last updated November 20, 2018.